Scalloped Potatoes 'n' Ham Recipe
Because this potato dish comes out perfect every time, I often rely on it for casual entertaining. My guests are thrilled to sit down to a country-style supper.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled, cooked and sliced
- 1-1/2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- In a skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in half of the cheese until melted. Gently stir in potatoes and ham. Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; cover and let stand until cheese melts.
- Microwave Directions: In a covered microwave-safe bowl, cook onion, green pepper; gradually stir in milk. Cook on medium for 2-3 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in half of the cheese; set aside. In a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe baking dish, layer half the potatoes, ham and cheese sauce. Repeat layers. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and let stand until cheese melts. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Scalloped Potatoes 'n' Ham in Country Pork 1996, p52
Reviews for Scalloped Potatoes 'n' Ham(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Au Gratin Potatoes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Ham Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Scalloped Potato >