Scalloped Potatoes 'n' Franks Recipe
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 8 hot dogs, halved and sliced
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted. Add parsley.
- 2. Place half of the potatoes in a greased 2-qt. baking dish; top with half of the sauce. Arrange hot dogs over the sauce. Top with remaining potatoes and sauce.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until bubbly and potatoes are tender. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 488 calories, 32g fat (16g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 1354mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Scalloped Potatoes 'n' Franks
"This has become my standard scalloped potato recipe. However, I found the original to be way too salty for my tastes, so I reduced the salt to 1/2 tsp. I also use cubed ham and cheddar cheese instead of hot dogs and swiss."
"Very easy and delicious. I served with a salad and it's a nice all in "one pot" clean up!"
"Hooray for hot dog bakes! I use at least 1/4 c of chopped onion, 5 to 6 ounces of swiss cheese, and 1 lb of hot dogs, only sliced (not halved). I use regular potatoes or red potatoes. -Lori in WI."