This creamy, stick-to-your-ribs potato casserole is a perfect accompaniment to an enticing beef roast or baked ham. It's an easy recipe to double when feeding a crowd or a hungry family like mine.—Wendell Obermeier, Charles City, Iowa
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk or half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a greased 2-qt. baking dish, layer a third of the potatoes. Combine flour, salt and pepper; sprinkle a third over potatoes. Top with a third of the onion. Combine soup and milk; pour a third over onion. Repeat layers twice. Combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover and bake 30 minutes more. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Scalloped Potatoes in Taste of Home February/March 1994, p47
Reviews for Scalloped Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review