Scalloped Potato Chili Recipe
Potatoes area unique addition to ordinary chili. My mom used to serve this when I was growing up. My husband loves spicy food, so I put the chili powder on the table for him to add more. - Sherry Hulva, Decatur, Illinois
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 1 package (5-1/4 ounces) scalloped potatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, contents of potato package, mushrooms, water, salt and chili powder; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40-45 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
1 serving (1 each) equals 223 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 762 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 17 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC