Scalloped Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes (about 1/2 pound)
- 6 cups shredded cabbage (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, cook pork chops over medium heat in oil until no longer pink; remove from pan and keep warm. Drain; reserving 1 teaspoon drippings. In the same pan, saute onion in drippings until tender. Stir in soup and milk.
- 2. In a greased 2-1/2-qt. casserole, layer half of the potatoes, cabbage, salt and pepper. Pour 3/4 cup soup mixture on top. Repeat layers. Top with pork chops.
- 3. Pour remaining soup mixture over chops. Cover and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until pork and vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 321 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 740 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Reviews for Scalloped Pork Chops
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.