- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes (about 1/2 pound)
- 6 cups shredded cabbage (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook pork chops over medium heat in oil until no longer pink; remove from pan and keep warm. Drain; reserving 1 teaspoon drippings. In the same pan, saute onion in drippings until tender. Stir in soup and milk.
- In a greased 2-1/2-qt. casserole, layer half of the potatoes, cabbage, salt and pepper. Pour 3/4 cup soup mixture on top. Repeat layers. Top with pork chops.
- Pour remaining soup mixture over chops. Cover and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until pork and vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Scalloped Pork Chops
"A very tasty economical one dish meal. I have made this several times for guest and it was always very well liked. I add some shredded cheese over the top of mine and return it to the oven just long enough to melt the cheese for extra yumminess!"
"Very tasty. My husband loved it."