Scalloped Pork Chop Combo Recipe
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops ( 1/2 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen French-style green beans
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) scalloped potatoes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil; sprinkle with salt. In a large saucepan, bring the water to a boil; add beans, carrots, potatoes with contents of sauce packet, soup, milk, butter and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; top with pork chops.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 5 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160&;. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 439 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 103 mg cholesterol, 1,263 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.