Scalloped Pineapple Casserole
My family can't get enough of this sweet and satisfying side dish. This casserole disappears quickly whenever I prepare it.Judy Howle, Columbus, Mississippi
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 cups firmly packed cubed white bread (crusts removed)
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar
- until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after
- each addition. Stir in pineapple and lemon juice. Gently fold in
- bread cubes.
- Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 40 to 45
- minutes or until top is lightly golden. Serve warm.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 536 calories, 26 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 168 mg cholesterol, 390 mg sodium, 73 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.