- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 cups firmly packed cubed white bread (crusts removed)
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in pineapple and lemon juice. Gently fold in bread cubes.
- Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 40 to 45 minutes or until top is lightly golden. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Scalloped Pineapple Casserole
Sort By :
"Much better than I was expecting. I'd make it again."
"Great recipe, I make it every Thanksgiving and holiday pot lucks"
"This is a delicious side to a ham dinner. By accident, I purchased pineapple chunks instead of crushed pineapple. My family loves it and I have made it this way ever since."
"I cut the sugar to 1 cup and it was still very sweet. I'm making it tomorrow and will cut it further to about 3/4 cup. I also added some shredded cheddar cheese to the mixture and put a little on top during the the last 15 min. of baking. Even though a little too sweet, it was delicious. My family says that it could be a dessert."
"A-MAZING! Made this for Easter, followed recipe exactly, so delicious, will definitely make again!!!!"