- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 cups firmly packed cubed white bread (crusts removed)
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in pineapple and lemon juice. Gently fold in bread cubes.
- Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 40 to 45 minutes or until top is lightly golden. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Scalloped Pineapple Casserole
Sort By :
This is a delicious side to a ham dinner. By accident, I purchased pineapple chunks instead of crushed pineapple. My family loves it and I have made it this way ever since.
I cut the sugar to 1 cup and it was still very sweet. I'm making it tomorrow and will cut it further to about 3/4 cup. I also added some shredded cheddar cheese to the mixture and put a little on top during the the last 15 min. of baking. Even though a little too sweet, it was delicious. My family says that it could be a dessert.
A-MAZING! Made this for Easter, followed recipe exactly, so delicious, will definitely make again!!!!
made this for thanksgiving dinner. big hit! will make it again for christmas dinner. i cut the sugar back to 3/4 cup - that was definately sweet enough.
I made this for Easter dinner as a side dish for ham. It was excellent. I cooked it in a 9' x 13' pan and wish I had put it in a smaller baking dish like the picture so it was thicker. My family loved it will make again.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bread Pudding >
- Budget Dessert Recipes >
- Budget Side Dish Recipes >