- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 cups firmly packed cubed white bread (crusts removed)
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in pineapple and lemon juice. Gently fold in bread cubes.
- Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 40 to 45 minutes or until top is lightly golden. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Scalloped Pineapple Casserole
"Have a question...do you use fresh bread or is it better to use stale like for dressing? Rating it high because I want to try it and it be awesome!"
"I've been making this for more than 20 years and my mother has been making it for more than 40! It's okay with white bread, but is much better when made with egg bread or challah. I like it served with ham but it is also really good served piping hot with a scoop of really good French Vanilla ice cream!"
"Much better than I was expecting. I'd make it again."
"Great recipe, I make it every Thanksgiving and holiday pot lucks"
"This is a delicious side to a ham dinner. By accident, I purchased pineapple chunks instead of crushed pineapple. My family loves it and I have made it this way ever since."