My family can't get enough of this sweet and satisfying side dish. This casserole disappears quickly whenever I prepare it.—Judy Howle, Columbus, Mississippi
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 cups firmly packed cubed white bread (crusts removed)
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in pineapple and lemon juice. Gently fold in bread cubes.
- Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 40 to 45 minutes or until top is lightly golden. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Scalloped Pineapple Casserole in Taste of Home October/November 1993, p59
Reviews for Scalloped Pineapple Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review