- 1 pound parsnips, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place parsnips in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8 minutes. Drain.
- Place half of the parsnips in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Combine the bread crumbs, cheese, salt and pepper; sprinkle half over parsnips. Repeat layers.
- Pour cream over the top; sprinkle with bacon. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Scalloped Parsnips in Country February/March 2005, p51
Reviews for Scalloped Parsnips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 3, 2014
This is delicious. DH says to make it again. Only thing i changed was the cheese, i used motzarella as that is all i had. Found this in Best of Country Cooking 2007, pg.85 for those that have the annual.