This recipe is a tradition in my husband's family for holiday meals. It is so easy to prepare, and everyone always loves it!Marty Rummel, Trout Lake, Washington
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 1 quart half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cans (8 ounces each) whole oysters, drained
- 2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 50 crackers)
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cream and pepper. Stir in oysters
- and crackers. Pour into 12 greased 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups;
- place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until
- a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 12
Editor's Note: Scalloped Oysters may also be baked in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish for 55-65 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 273 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 187 mg cholesterol, 284 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 12 g protein.