Scalloped Oysters Recipe
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 1 quart half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cans (8 ounces each) whole oysters, drained
- 2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 50 crackers)
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cream and pepper. Stir in oysters and crackers. Pour into 12 greased 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Scalloped Oysters(6)
Sort By :
This was not good, I like my old recipe with crackers...no eggs
In order to make it a little healthier, to half of the recipe I subbed egg beaters for the eggs, used fat free 1/2 & 1/2, added a cup of peas, cut the salt in 1/2 and added a 1/2 tsp. of Old Bay. What a delicious meal! Will do again.
In a 1 1/2 qt casserole, half of the recipe worked wonderfully. That was enough for 4-6 people.
This recipe reminded me of something I had as a kid on my first trip to southern US. I've been looking for this since then. I would add a little salt and more pepper as my husband and myself love pepper. Great recipe.
We have had this in our family for years too. Pennsylvania, Ohio, and I am in Texas now. I was told that when my great grandmother was alive they would ship the oysters in crates. I would love to know where it originated from...I know that it is either Scotland or England...
Tawna Brown Texas
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Easy Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- New Year's Side Dish Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >