Scalloped Onions and Peas Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 jars (15 ounces each) white onions, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1/2 cup sliced blanched almonds
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Stir in flour, mustard and salt; cook and stir until bubbly. Stir in milk and Worcestershire sauce; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Gently stir in onions, peas and almonds. Pour into an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan and paprika. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
3/4 cup: 153 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 255mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Scalloped Onions and Peas
"We love this combination!! The onions aren't too strong here!!"