Scalloped Onions and Peas Recipe
With tasty peas and onions smothered in a creamy sauce, this irresistible side dish gets passed around until the bowl is empty. We especially like the crunch of the almonds. -Denise Goedeken, Platte Center, Nebraska
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 jars (15 ounces each) white onions, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1/2 cup sliced blanched almonds
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Stir in flour, mustard and salt; cook and stir until bubbly. Stir in milk and Worcestershire sauce; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Gently stir in onions, peas and almonds. Pour into an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan and paprika. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 153 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 255 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Scalloped Onions and Peas
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC