Scalloped Mocha Cookies Recipe
I tore this recipe out of a magazine many years ago, and they are one of my most requested cookie. They contain the four Cs, coffee, chocolate, cinnamon and crunch. Since they are sprinkled with coarse sugar, they add a little glitz to a cookie tray.—Loraine Meyer, Bend, Oregon
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:60 servings
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Coarse sugar or edible glitter
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, chocolate and vanilla. Combine the flour, coffee granules, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- 2. Shape dough into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350°. On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/4-in. scalloped cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with coarse sugar or edible glitter.
- 4. Bake 8-9 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 5 dozen.
1 cookie equals 50 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 21 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC