I tore this recipe out of a magazine many years ago, and they are one of my most requested cookie. They contain the four Cs, coffee, chocolate, cinnamon and crunch. Since they are sprinkled with coarse sugar, they add a little glitz to a cookie tray.—Loraine Meyer, Bend, Oregon
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Coarse sugar or edible glitter
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, chocolate and vanilla. Combine the flour, coffee granules, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Shape dough into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/4-in. scalloped cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with coarse sugar or edible glitter.
- Bake 8-9 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Scalloped Mocha Cookies in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p111
Reviews for Scalloped Mocha Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review