Scalloped Ham and Cabbage
Ruth Peterson relates from Jenison, Michigan, "One of our daughters adores cabbage, so I fix this flavorful dish when her family comes to dinner."
4-6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 to 4 cups chopped cabbage
- In a large skillet, saute ham, rice and onion in butter until rice is
- golden brown and onion is tender. Stir in the milk, soup,
- horseradish and salt. Add cabbage; cover and cook over low heat for
- 35-45 minutes or until the cabbage is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 291 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 1,268 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.