Scalloped Ham and Cabbage Recipe
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 to 4 cups chopped cabbage
- In a large skillet, saute ham, rice and onion in butter until rice is golden brown and onion is tender. Stir in the milk, soup, horseradish and salt. Add cabbage; cover and cook over low heat for 35-45 minutes or until the cabbage is tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Scalloped Ham and Cabbage(2)
Sort By :
This was very tasty---good way to use left over ham. I used 4 cups of cabbage--but would use 1 cup of rice --not 1/2 c-. didnt seem to be enough rice.
Have left over ham and a head of cabbage, so entered that here on Taste of Home today and came up with this recipe. My whole family loved it. Followed the recipe as written, except didn't have any horseradish, which I don't like anyway. It was yummy, and the kids age 1,5,7,9,16 all loved it.