Ruth Peterson relates from Jenison, Michigan, "One of our daughters adores cabbage, so I fix this flavorful dish when her family comes to dinner."
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 to 4 cups chopped cabbage
- In a large skillet, saute ham, rice and onion in butter until rice is golden brown and onion is tender. Stir in the milk, soup, horseradish and salt. Add cabbage; cover and cook over low heat for 35-45 minutes or until the cabbage is tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Scalloped Ham and Cabbage in Taste of Home October/November 1999, p18
Reviews for Scalloped Ham and Cabbage
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review