Scalloped Creamy Cabbage Casserole Recipe
I always read the food section in newspapers and magazines. If I find a recipe that I think my family will like, I test it out. I found this one while traveling some years ago. My family like it and it has become one of our favorites.
- 5 to 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups coarsely crushed sour cream and chive croutons, divided
- 1 cup milk or half-and-half cream
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook cabbage in boiling salted water for 4-5 minutes or until almost tender; drain. In a smaller saucepan, saute onions and green pepper in butter until tender. Combine cabbage, onion-pepper mixture, cheese and 1-1/2 cups of croutons.
- 2. Spoon into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour milk or cream overall; do not stir. Sprinkle with remaining croutons. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1/2 cup: 255 calories, 15g fat (10g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 452mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Scalloped Creamy Cabbage Casserole
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC