Scalloped Cranberries Recipe
This warm cranberry casserole is a nice substitute for traditional cranberry relish. It's been a staple on my holiday table ever since my aunt gave me the recipe many years ago.
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries (about 1 pound)
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 4-1/2 cups cubed bread (about 5 slices)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar and water. Cook over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until berries pop. Remove from the heat; stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 388 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 246 mg sodium, 72 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Scalloped Cranberries
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC