This warm cranberry casserole is a nice substitute for traditional cranberry relish. It's been a staple on my holiday table ever since my aunt gave me the recipe many years ago.
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries (about 1 pound)
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 4-1/2 cups cubed bread (about 5 slices)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar and water. Cook over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until berries pop. Remove from the heat; stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Scalloped Cranberries in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p125
Reviews for Scalloped Cranberries
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 26, 2010
"We don't usually like the usual cranberry relish and I had some fresh cranberries to try something with. What a wonderful surprise! This turned out excellent and I will make this each year from now on!"