This warm cranberry casserole is a nice substitute for traditional cranberry relish. It's been a staple on my holiday table ever since my aunt gave me the recipe many years ago.
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries (about 1 pound)
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 4-1/2 cups cubed bread (about 5 slices)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar and water. Cook over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until berries pop. Remove from the heat; stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Scalloped Cranberries in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p125
Reviews for Scalloped Cranberries
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 26, 2010
"We don't usually like the usual cranberry relish and I had some fresh cranberries to try something with. What a wonderful surprise! This turned out excellent and I will make this each year from now on!"