Scalloped Corn Recipe
This comforting casserole features sunny corn kernels tucked into a creamy custard. My mom got this recipe, and many other excellent ones from her mother. By the time this crowd-pleasing corn dish got around the table, my father, sister, brothers and I would have almost scraped it clean.
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup crushed saltines (about 23 crackers), divided
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, mix the first eight ingredients. Stir in 1/2 cup crushed crackers.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining saltines. Bake, uncovered, 55-65 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Scalloped Corn
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC