This comforting casserole features sunny corn kernels tucked into a creamy custard. My mom got this recipe, and many other excellent ones from her mother. By the time this crowd-pleasing corn dish got around the table, my father, sister, brothers and I would have almost scraped it clean.
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 cup crushed saltines (about 30 crackers), divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Stir in 3/4 cup crushed saltines and salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining saltines. Bake, uncovered, 55-65 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Scalloped Corn in Taste of Home December/January 2001, p35
Reviews for Scalloped Corn
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review