You'll hear an earful from guests when you offer this creamy corn dish at Thanksgiving dinner —or any other occasion. "My mother made this recipe all the time when I was young," recollects Kathy Smith of Remsen, New York. "Now, it's a favorite at my house—especially during the holidays."
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines (about 14 crackers)
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Spoon into four greased 8-oz. baking dishes. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until set. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Scalloped Corn in Country Woman November/December 1997, p10
Reviews for Scalloped Corn with Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review