Scalloped Corn with Vegetables Recipe
You'll hear an earful from guests when you offer this creamy corn dish at Thanksgiving dinner or any other occasion. "My mother made this recipe all the time when I was young," recollects Kathy Smith of Remsen, New York. "Now, it's a favorite at my houseespecially during the holidays."
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines (about 14 crackers)
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Spoon into four greased 8-oz. baking dishes. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until set. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Scalloped Corn in Country Woman November/December 1997, p10
Reviews for Scalloped Corn with Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review