Scalloped Corn Bake Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 2 cans (8-1/2 ounces each) cream-style corn
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1. In a large skillet, saute green pepper and onion in 4 tablespoons butter until tender. Stir in the soft bread crumbs, corn and eggs. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- 2. Melt the remaining butter; toss with dry bread crumbs. Sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 5 servings.
3/4 cup: 321 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 116mg cholesterol, 729mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein
Reviews for Scalloped Corn Bake
"It was really good"
"I didn't care for the flavor of the green pepper in this dish, although I do like green pepper. Next time I would leave that out."
"I was a little unsure about this side but it turned out to be a hit. It was easy to make. The only thing I did different due to a time crunch was make all but the topping a day in advance"
"This was very good. I added more bread crumbs on top. Next time I think I will use two cans of whole kernel corn and just one of the cream style."
"The serving dish was scraped clean at the buffet table before we even sat down to eat, and everyone requested this to be part of our holiday table every year. As suggested, I used green and red peppers for a festive look. YUMMY!!!"
"I made this last Thanksgiving for our CMA....Christian Motorcyclists Assoc....get-together. I made it according to the recipe, and received lots of compliments and lots of requests for the recipe! You get great results for so little effort....try it!"
"it was great and my family loved it !!!!!!!!!"
"Just a suggestion , I use frozen whole kernel corn thawed a bit to avoid adding more moisture from the ice on the corn and add that to the creamed corn. Gives it a fresher taste .I also use cracker crumbs instead of bread crumbs . Either way scalloped corn is a wonderful side dish !"
"My (my Mom's) version uses crushed crackers instead of bread crumbs, doesn't saute, uses 1 can of each and I add a little minced garlic - an awesome holiday side! Red & green peppers are especially great at Christmas!lcinca"