Scalloped Corn Bake
“This is one of my favorite recipes and my family loves it,” says Doris Thomas from Scottsville, New York. “It’s been handed down from generation to generation. I love that it can be made the day before!”
5 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 2 cans (8-1/2 ounces each) cream-style corn
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- In a large skillet, saute green pepper and onion in 4 tablespoons
- butter until tender. Stir in the soft bread crumbs, corn and eggs.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Melt the remaining butter; toss with dry bread crumbs. Sprinkle over
- casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a
- thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 321 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 116 mg cholesterol, 729 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.