Scalloped Corn Bake Recipe
“This is one of my favorite recipes and my family loves it,” says Doris Thomas from Scottsville, New York. “It’s been handed down from generation to generation. I love that it can be made the day before!”
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 2 cans (8-1/2 ounces each) cream-style corn
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1. In a large skillet, saute green pepper and onion in 4 tablespoons butter until tender. Stir in the soft bread crumbs, corn and eggs. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- 2. Melt the remaining butter; toss with dry bread crumbs. Sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 5 servings.
3/4 cup equals 321 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 116 mg cholesterol, 729 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC