- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 2 cans (8-1/2 ounces each) cream-style corn
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- In a large skillet, saute green pepper and onion in 4 tablespoons butter until tender. Stir in the soft bread crumbs, corn and eggs. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Melt the remaining butter; toss with dry bread crumbs. Sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Scalloped Corn Bake
Sort By :
It was really good
I didn't care for the flavor of the green pepper in this dish, although I do like green pepper. Next time I would leave that out.
I was a little unsure about this side but it turned out to be a hit. It was easy to make. The only thing I did different due to a time crunch was make all but the topping a day in advance
This was very good. I added more bread crumbs on top. Next time I think I will use two cans of whole kernel corn and just one of the cream style.
The serving dish was scraped clean at the buffet table before we even sat down to eat, and everyone requested this to be part of our holiday table every year. As suggested, I used green and red peppers for a festive look. YUMMY!!!
More Recipe Collections
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Simple Side Dishes >