Scalloped Corn Recipe
- 4 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup crushed saltines (about 30 crackers), divided
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, combine the corn, eggs, milk, 3/4 cup cracker crumbs, butter, sugar, onion, salt and pepper. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cracker crumbs. Bake, uncovered, 1 hour or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Scalloped Corn
Sort By :
Made this for Thanksgiving Dinner. It was soooo easy and very good! Even my picky kids loved it! I used frozen corn and it worked well. For Christmas I will add some red and green peppers to make it a bit more festive!
I had to turn up the heat to get this done in time for supper. I had halved the recipe and thought it would cook faster than it did. It may have been creamier cooked as directed; nonetheless, it was delicious and will definitely be used again. I will try it with green chilis, too.
This is a very comforting and tasty dish however I used Keebler Original Club Crackers,crushed, instead of the saltines.
Thought the Club crackers gave it more of a buttery flavor and nice texture. Very good with frozen corn as well.
I make this every year for Thanksgiving and we love it. It is slightly sweet and almost custard like. Don't overbake it or it will dry out but if you follow the recipe. it comes out great.
This was ok; dry; but really pretty.