Scalloped Chicken Supper Recipe
Canned soup and a package of scalloped potato mix hurry along this creamy and comforting casserole sent in by Cheryl Maczko. "You can use either leftover chicken or turkey," suggests the Arthurdale, West Virginia cook.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) scalloped potatoes
- 1-3/4 cups boiling water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/8 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1. Place the contents of the sauce mix in a large bowl; set the potatoes aside. Whisk in the water, soup and poultry seasoning. Stir in the chicken, carrots, celery, onion and reserved potatoes.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 45-50 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 343 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 1,209 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 25 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC