Scalloped Cheese Potatoes
"MOM decided to devise her own recipe for scalloped potatoes, and she cooked up a winner with this one. There was never a morsel left in the serving dish! The flavor of mushrooms gives the potatoes a unique taste that's compatible with the Poor Man's Steak."
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 4 pounds potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes and soup. Layer half of the mixture
- in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Dot with half of the butter
- and sprinkle with half of the cheese. Repeat layers. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until the potatoes are
- tender. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 208 calories, 10 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 333 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.