Scalloped Cheese Potatoes Recipe
- 4 pounds potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes and soup. Layer half of the mixture in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Dot with half of the butter and sprinkle with half of the cheese. Repeat layers. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Scalloped Cheese Potatoes(6)
Sort By :
This dish is great! It was simple and very tasty! The only thing I would not add next time is the butter dotted on the cheese layers. The cheese is greasy enough. I also would try to add onions and/or green peppers.
First of all I had to cut the recipe in half for my husband and I and still had enough for another meal. Also I used cream of chicken instead of the mushroom. Instead of layering the cheese I mixed it in with potatoes and soup plus I cut up onion and added that tool. We loved it!!!!!
Delicious and easy
This has become a standby recipe for our family. Always good and super easy.
This is delicious! I also added a little sliced onion (very thinly sliced), freshly ground pepper and chopped ham. Very, very good!
More Recipe Collections
- Au Gratin Potatoes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >