Scalloped Carrots Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 quarts milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons celery salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 6 pounds carrots, diced and cooked
- 2-1/2 pounds shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir butter and flour until smooth and bubbly, about 2 minutes. Gradually add milk and lemon juice; cook and stir until thickened. Add celery salt, salt and pepper; mix well. Remove from heat.
- 2. In four greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dishes, layer half the carrots, sauce, cheese and crackers. Repeat layers. Bake, uncovered, 45-50 minutes or until top is golden brown. Serve immediately. Yield: 50 servings.
1 each: 270 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 452mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Scalloped Carrots
"I was attracted to this recipe because it came from her mom and I love carrots. I made this for a potluck at work and got rave reviews. Just make sure you put it in a big enough dish (I didn't) or it will bubble and run over."