- 10 cups sliced peeled tart apples (about 8 medium)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- Place apples in a 2-1/2-qt. microwave-safe bowl. Combine the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg; sprinkle over apples and toss to coat. Dot with butter. Cover and microwave on high for 11-12 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring every 5 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Scalloped Apples
Sort By :
"So simple and tasty! The hardest part is peeling all the apples!!"
"My family greatly appreciated this side dish. It was a great way to use up apples I had that were going bad. Super easy to make but I think next time I'll try cooking them in the microwave."
"Loved how quick this came together. Made 1/2 the recipe. It tasted like chunky applesauce."
"This tasted great. It tasted more like a dessert even though it didn't have all that much sugar or butter. Mine ended up looking more like applesauce rather than apple slices as shown on the picture. I recommend this dish."
"Great flavor! Used gala apples and Splenda along with the pumpkin pie spices. Is a keeper in my collection!"