Scalloped Apples Recipe
- 10 cups sliced peeled tart apples (about 8 medium)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1. Place apples in a 2-1/2-qt. microwave-safe bowl. Combine the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg; sprinkle over apples and toss to coat. Dot with butter. Cover and microwave on high for 11-12 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring every 5 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with artificial sweetener equivalent to 1/3 cup sugar and reduced-fat margarine) equals 116 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 33 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit.