Scalloped Apples Casserole Recipe
- 10 cups thinly sliced peeled Golden Delicious apples (about 8)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs (about 4 slices)
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the apples, sugar, cinnamon and cloves. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Dot with 2 tablespoons butter. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 25 minutes or until apples are crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt remaining butter. Add bread crumbs; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until crispy and golden brown. Sprinkle over apple mixture.
- 3. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until apples are tender. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 281 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 148 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Scalloped Apples Casserole
"This recipe was easy, quick, and very tasty. My entire family enjoyed it, and the leftovers heat up well in the microwave. I did use Splenda instead of sugar, however. Next time I will drizzle a small amount of carmel ice cream topping over the finished product for a change of pace."