- 12 ounces fresh or frozen sea scallops, thawed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 3 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 4 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- If scallops are large, cut in half and set aside. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, sugar and salt. Stir in water and soy sauce until smooth; set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet, saute carrots and celery in 1-1/2 teaspoons hot oil for 4 minutes. Add mushrooms and green onions; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the garlic, curry powder and ginger; stir-fry for 1 minute longer. Remove vegetable mixture and set aside.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry scallops in remaining oil for 2-3 minutes or until scallops turn opaque. Stir sauce and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Return vegetables to the pan; heat through. serve over hot cooked rice if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Scallop Stir-Fry in Light & Tasty April/May 2004, p12
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Scallop Stir-Fry(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Main Dish Recipes >