The nice thing about this creamy casserole is that the potatoes, eggs and ham can all be prepared ahead of time. Assembly is easy, and you can even use leftovers.—Nancy Snyder, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Recommended: 80 Recipes for Serious Potato Lovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 7-1/2 cups thinly sliced cooked peeled potatoes (about 6 medium)
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, cream, chives and salt. In a greased 2-qt. baking dish, layer 2-1/2 cups potatoes, eggs and 3/4 cup sour cream mixture. Top with 2-1/2 cups potatoes, ham and remaining potatoes. Pour the remaining cream mixture over top.
- Combine bread crumbs, butter and onion salt; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Scalloped Potatoes and Ham in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p98