Scallop Potato Recipe
I FOUND this recipe in an old magazine. Later, I discovered that adding garlic gave these potatoes a unique flavor. My greatest compliment came from a neighbor who's a retired chef - he said this is the most delicious potato dish he'd ever tasted! -Leah Brandenburg, Charleston, West Virginia
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 thin onion slices
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1. In a saucepan, stir flour and milk until smooth. Add the garlic, butter and salt; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted.
- 2. In a greased 1-qt. baking dish, layer onion and potato slices; pour sauce over all. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes; uncover and bake 20 minutes longer or until the potatoes are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 376 calories, 15 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 564 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC