I FOUND this recipe in an old magazine. Later, I discovered that adding garlic gave these potatoes a unique flavor. My greatest compliment came from a neighbor who's a retired chef - he said this is the most delicious potato dish he'd ever tasted! -Leah Brandenburg, Charleston, West Virginia
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 thin onion slices
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- In a saucepan, stir flour and milk until smooth. Add the garlic, butter and salt; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted.
- In a greased 1-qt. baking dish, layer onion and potato slices; pour sauce over all. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes; uncover and bake 20 minutes longer or until the potatoes are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Scalloped Potatoes in Reminisce Extra October 1997, p47
Reviews for Scallop Potato
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review