Scallop Pesto Pasta
Sea scallops can range from 1/2 to 1 inch thick. To cook thicker scallops more quickly, cut them in half horizontally.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper; add
- scallops and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook scallops in butter for 2-1/2 to 3 minutes on
- each side or until opaque. Drain pasta; toss with pesto. Serve with
- scallops. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 598 calories, 25 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 807 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.