Scallop Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 large tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta, broken in half
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Coarsely ground pepper to taste
- 1. In a microwave-safe dish, combine scallops and lemon juice. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until scallops are opaque. In a small bowl, combine the tomato, onions, vinegar and vinegar. Chill the scallops and tomato mixture separately for 2 hours.
- 2. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a serving bowl, toss the pasta, scallops, tomato mixture, salt and pepper. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 297 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 345 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.