Scallop Pasta Salad
If you're a scallop-lover, you'll really enjoy this chilled pasta salad seasoned with lemon juice, olive oil and red wine vinegar. "You can serve it hot, too," notes Bernadette Johnson of Woodstock, Georgia.
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min.
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 large tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta, broken in half
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Coarsely ground pepper to taste
- In a microwave-safe dish, combine scallops and lemon juice. Cover and
- microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until scallops are opaque. In a
- small bowl, combine the tomato, onions, vinegar and vinegar. Chill
- the scallops and tomato mixture separately for 2 hours.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold
- water. In a serving bowl, toss the pasta, scallops, tomato mixture,
- salt and pepper. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 297 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 345 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.