Scallop Pasta Salad Recipe
If you're a scallop-lover, you'll really enjoy this chilled pasta salad seasoned with lemon juice, olive oil and red wine vinegar. "You can serve it hot, too," notes Bernadette Johnson of Woodstock, Georgia.
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 large tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta, broken in half
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Coarsely ground pepper to taste
- In a microwave-safe dish, combine scallops and lemon juice. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until scallops are opaque. In a small bowl, combine the tomato, onions, vinegar and vinegar. Chill the scallops and tomato mixture separately for 2 hours.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a serving bowl, toss the pasta, scallops, tomato mixture, salt and pepper. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Scallop Pasta Salad in Cooking for 2 Winter 2008, p37
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Scallop Pasta Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 27, 2008
I gave this a middle of the road rating. It may have been the quality of the scallops I used.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Italian Pasta Salads >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Salad Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >