- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 large tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta, broken in half
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Coarsely ground pepper to taste
- In a microwave-safe dish, combine scallops and lemon juice. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until scallops are opaque. In a small bowl, combine the tomato, onions, vinegar and vinegar. Chill the scallops and tomato mixture separately for 2 hours.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a serving bowl, toss the pasta, scallops, tomato mixture, salt and pepper. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Scallop Pasta Salad
Sort By :
"*Go to a fresh fish/seafood market for best quality.*If you are using frozen scallops - Do not thaw them at room temperature.*Rinse scallops and pat them dry with paper towels before cooking. If scallops have too much moisture on the outside, they won't brown properly.*Cut large scallops in half to assure even cooking.*Minutes count -- cook scallops just until done or until they are opaque; otherwise they can get tough quickly.Choose a heavy, quality skillet for the job. Cast iron and stainless steel work well because they provide even heating and can withstand high temperatures. Don't crowd the scallops in the pan or they will end up steaming. Cook them in batches, if necessary.Heat about 2 tablespoons oil in the pan over medium-high heat. Choose an oil that can withstand high heat, such as canola, peanut, safflower, and soybean. Olive oil and butter are less appropriate for pan-seared scallops because these fats will break down and smoke at high temperatures.If you want a thin crust on the outside of the scallops, you can coat them in flour. For every pound of scallops, use 2 to 3 tablespoons flour. Place the flour in a resealable plastic bag; add the scallops and toss to coat. You can also mix the flour with 1 to 2 teaspoons of a seasoning, such as blackened steak seasoning or Cajun seasoning.Cook scallops about 6 minutes or until browned and opaque, turning once.I hope this helps you."
"I gave this a middle of the road rating. It may have been the quality of the scallops I used."