Scallop Kabobs Recipe
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Dash garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds sea scallops
- 3 medium green peppers, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour 1/4 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add scallops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 20 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring 3 cups water to a boil. Add peppers; cover and boil for 2 minutes. Drain and immediately place peppers in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the tomatoes, scallops and peppers.
- 4. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until scallops are firm and opaque, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
2 kabobs equals 238 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 624 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.