Scallop and Potato Saute
I make this special seafood dish for the holidays to treat myself.—Mildred Sherrer, Fort Worth, Texas
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 small red potatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 pound bay scallops
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Lemon slice or wedge, optional
- In a small skillet over medium heat, cook potatoes in 1 tablespoon
- oil until golden brown and tender, about 12 minutes. Remove and keep
- warm. In the same skillet, heat remaining oil. Cook and stir
- scallops for 2 minutes. Add garlic and lemon juice; cook and stir
- 1-2 minutes longer or until scallops are firm and opaque.
- Add parsley, salt and pepper. Return potatoes to pan; heat through.
- Serve with lemon if desired. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 415 calories, 28 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 486 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a