Savory Winter Soup Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cans (10-1/2 ounces each) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup each diced carrots and celery
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cut green beans
- 1 cup cubed peeled potatoes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- 2. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low until vegetables are tender, 6-8 hours. Yield: 14 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
1 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Savory Winter Soup
"Very good and hearty winter soup added a quart of tomatoes,and cabbage and omitted potatoes add them when I take it out of freezer.i"
"Great soup might try adding cabbage. It's delicious either way."
"I don t eat soup,but i tried this one tasted it and its simply delicious very good can t stop at one bowl.Try it you will not regret it : ) have fun"
"This is my second time making it. Such an easy recipe and is so good and healthy Definitely a keeper."
"This soup is delicious. My family loved it. I like it because it is a great way to get your daily serving of veggies."
"One nice thing about vegetable soup you can add any vegetable you have on hand. Use your imagination. This soup is a great starting point."
"This is excellent with cabbage added. Make it simple--use 1 Cup Coleslaw. Also, a couple of teaspoons of dill weed is good!"