This dressing is a very aromatic side dish. It is great for the holidays either stuffed in a turkey or served on the side. —Peggy Fleming
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons sherry
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking barley
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, saute the onions, celery, apricots and raisins in sherry and butter for 2 minutes or until liquid has evaporated. Stir in the rice, bulgur and barley; saute for 3 minutes. Add the broth, poultry seasoning, savory and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Savory Wheat and Grain Dressing in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p189
Reviews for Savory Wheat and Grain Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review