Savory Turkey Breast Recipe
Accented with flavorful herbs, this tender, golden turkey breast from our Test Kitchen is a cut above the rest. It’s a convenient alternative to preparing a whole bird.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (5 to 6 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, sage, garlic, onion, thyme, salt and pepper. With fingers, carefully loosen the skin from both sides of turkey breast. Spread 2 tablespoons butter mixture under turkey skin; spread remaining mixture over skin.
- Place breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170° (cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly). Cover and let stand for 10 minutes before carving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Savory Turkey Breast in Cooking for 2 Winter 2007, p6
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Savory Turkey Breast(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Turkey >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Roasted Turkey >
- Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Main Dishes >