Savory Triangles Recipe
I learned to cook by watching and helping when I could. She still teaches me by sharing tried-and-true recipes like this.—Holly Massie, Pearce, Arizona
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup beef broth
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef, tomato, onions and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in salt, red pepper flakes and thyme. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth. Add to meat mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. On a floured surface, roll pastry into two 12-in. squares. Cut each into four squares. Spoon about 1/4 cup meat mixture in the center of each square. Moisten edges of pastry with egg; fold over filling, forming a triangle. Press edges with a fork to seal. Place on ungreased baking sheets; prick tops with a fork. Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 350 calories, 20 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 464 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC