Savory Tomato Tarts Recipe
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, well drained
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Minced chives, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In another bowl, combine Italian cheese and mayonnaise. Spoon tomato mixture into tart shells. Spread mayonnaise mixture over tops.
- 2. Place on an ungreased baking sheet; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350° for 8-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Garnish with chives if desired. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 tart equals 71 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 163 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Savory Tomato Tarts
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.