Savory Tomato Tarts Recipe
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, well drained
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Minced chives, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In another bowl, combine Italian cheese and mayonnaise. Spoon tomato mixture into tart shells. Spread mayonnaise mixture over tops.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350° for 8-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Garnish with chives if desired. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Savory Tomato Tarts(2)
Sort By :
So easy and still so good. I didn't even use the bacon or the parmesan and they still turned out delicious.
I made these for my dad's 60th birthday party and everyone really liked them. I made the cheese and tomato mixture up a few hours prior and then put them together just before placing into oven as I was afraid to make them up ahead of time as they might get soggy. They did not last long!
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Italian Appetizers >
- Italian Recipes >
- Simple Appetizers >